Books I've read

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Odd One Out - Monica McInerney

This book was a freebie as part of the Books Alive 2006 promotion. Having said that I quite enjoyed the book. It was an easy, fast read and I particularly enjoyed the book as it has many references to Melbourne (and I can easily relate to it!)

The books main charater is Sylvie who finds herself at a bit of a cross road in life. She agrees to housesit for her brother, which means a trip from her native Sydney to Melbourne. To entertain Sylvie, her brother organises a treasure hunt. The treasure hunt takes Sylvie across Melbourne, has her meeting new people, and most importantly of all, meets her father after a 21 year absence.

Sylvie makes some important decisions about her life throughout the book. She chooses a life which suits her, not one which others think that she should pursue. I guess this book has a special meaning for me at the moment as I am currently assessing my life. This is not the best book I have read, but is enjoyable and relaxing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home